Water Heater Repair
Water Heater Repair
Water Heater Repair
Let us fix your broken hot water heater
Most often, your water heater will be in constant operation getting the water heated and storing hot water for you to use. While these appliances have been designed to be durable, they will eventually break down and require repairs. When your water heater begins to leak, or you are constantly out of hot water, you probably need water heater repair in Salt Lake City. Appliances that are over ten years old will probably have reached their lifespan.
Hot water heater repair is something that many people don’t understand. Call your Plumber SLC at 801-797-3380 with questions.
Do I need water heater repair or replacement?
Before getting the appliance repaired, it is advisable to weigh options and determine the way forward. The cost of repairing the unit and buying replacement parts might make it wiser to replace the water heater rather than repair it. If the cost of repairing the appliance is not too pricey, you can go ahead and get a water heater repair service provider in Salt Lake City. Most commonly, the repair and maintenance of a water heater may involve the following areas:
- Sometimes when your water heater is not getting the water hot all you might need to do is get the thermocouple replaced. This is the device that allows the water heater to take in gas.
- At other times, you will have to get the anode rod replaced. When your water heater experiences corrosion, you need to get the anode rod replaced. With time, the minerals in your water as well as the pressure in your tank will make your water heater experience corrosion. Anode rods keep the tank from corrosion because they attract the corrosive elements. Once the corrosive elements are kept from the storage tank, the tank will not get corroded.
- When the pilot light on your heater goes off it has to be either relit or replaced. Generally, this is a small flame that ignites the gas burner in your water heater. Once it goes out, you will not get hot water. You can try lighting it but if it does not work or goes out immediately after lighting, it will have to be replaced.
- While there are modern water heaters that come with self-cleaning tanks, the older ones should be drained on a regular basis. This is because of the accumulation of sediments which can affect the efficiency of your water heater. These are the minerals and particles that settle on the storage tank.
- Other common problems with water heaters that might call for repairs include leakages, strange noises, discolored water, and lukewarm water.
Signs Your Heater Requires Repairing
Before your water heater is repaired it is essential to determine where the problem is. If your water heater is leaking from the bottom of the tank, it is obvious that it has a problem. In this case, you will need to have it replaced and not repaired.
Anytime your water heater does not have sufficient hot or warm water, or the water is not hot enough, it is a sign that something is wrong and the appliance needs to be repaired. If the water heater is experiencing a leakage of gas, it will definitely need repair. Leakages can occur due to overheating, excessive pressure or internal corrosion.Water heater repair is also necessary when you are getting discolored water instead of clear water. Sometimes when the water heater is producing noises that are not normal, you need to get it repaired. The leakage of gas is a serious problem and if you are able to smell the gas, you will need to call the plumber immediately. What the heater is emitting is natural gas and any leakage poses a major hazard.
You might notice that the floor area of your heating appliance is wet. If you observe carefully and find dripping noises of leakage, the heater requires repairing. Another factor is when your water heater shows condensation on the outside tank, this is an indication that all is not well with your heating appliance. Any of these factors mentioned warrant water heater repair and mean that you should contact a repairman or plumber.
Your Salt Lake City plumber and Beehive Plumbing has been one of the best when it comes to water heater repairs. We are happy to help you with yours. Call us at 801-797-3380.