Main Water Lines
Main Water Line
Repair or replace your main water line
Every home and business has to get their water from somewhere. For most people that source is the municipal water system. As the water courses its way through the city water pipes it flows off into each property through the water main line.
The main water line is a larger sized pipe that brings the clean water in to the property. From there, the water is spread throughout the structure by the water pipes.
Main water lines run from the street to the building underground. Because of this, there are several ways this water main line can become damaged or impaired.
One common cause can be roots growing into the water pipe. Another possibility is seismic activity causing the pipe to bend, kink, or break. In residential areas, it’s also possible to find that construction project on the property, or on the street out front, can lead to man-made damage.
Regardless of how the damage is caused, main water line damage leads to low water pressure or complete water loss to the property.
Plumber Salt Lake City has been repairing and replacing main water lines for a long time. We can quickly diagnose the problem and determine the best course of action to make things all better again.
If you experience anything that leads you to believe you have main water line damage, give your Salt Lake City plumbers a call at 801-797-3380.
If you start to see things like dirty water, low water pressure, strange noises coming from your pipes, or flooding, you may be experiencing damage to your main water line. Here are some tips to help you know what to look for.
- Water discoloration. If you turn on a faucet and the water has a rust-brown tint, it could be due to corrosion or dirt and soil entering through cracks.
- Drops in water pressure. The faucets in your showers, tubs, and sinks should all have a steady flow. If your pressure is reduced for a prolonged period of time, there could be a leak or break somewhere along the main line.
- Standing water or soggy spots in your yard. If your lawn or soil is sporting puddles or wet areas, and you haven’t experienced rain recently, it’s likely the water line is cracked or leaking beneath the surface in that area.
- Poor drainage. If water is draining slower than usual, that also indicates a problem. More often, it is the result of buildup or blockage, but you still should get an inspection and potentially replace your line.
- Tree root intrusion: If your line runs beneath or near a large tree or other plants, the roots can burrow into the main line, blocking or breaking the connection and impacting the water supply.
- Water backflow. When you experience a reverse flow of water or other substance into your treated water supply, that’s problematic. Backpressure and back-siphonage are two types of backflow, and both can cause contamination and other issues.
If you experience a problem such as these, there are a few things you should remember to do. Before calling Plumber Salt Lake City to come and fix the problem for good, quickly go to your main water line valve, usually located near the edge of your property closest to the street, and make sure it is turned off. This will stop the water flow and keep it from causing more damage such as flooding. We will then come and make things right again.
Questions? Call the best Salt Lake City plumbers at 801-797-3380.
Have a question? Need an estimate?
Main Waterline Repair and Replacement in Salt Lake City, UT
When your Main Water Line needs help, call Plumber Salt Lake City
Fixing a water main line takes experienced professionals who have the right tools and equipment. Plumber Salt Lake City is part of Beehive Plumbing, professional plumbing contractors who have been helping fix the plumbing problems of the businesses and homes of SLC, UT for a very long time.
Your trusted main water line plumbers know how to properly take care of your water line plumbing needs. We can also help with any other plumbing service such as 24 hour emergency plumbing services, drain cleaning, commercial boiler repairs, commercial boiler replacement, water heater repair, new water heater installation, commercial toilet repair, commercial urinal repair, water softener repair, new water softener installation, main water line repair, main sewer line repair, and sewer liner installation.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and we stand behind it every time. We believe in our work, our plumbing technicians, and our experience.
Midvale Residential Plumber
Holliday Residential Plumber
Riverton Residential Plumber
Taylorsville Residential Plumber
Cottonwood Residential Plumber
Copperton Residential Plumber
Capital Heights Residential Plumber
Herriman Residential Plumber
Alta Residential Plumber
Millcreek Residential Plumber
Bluffdale Residential Plumber
Kearns Residential Plumber
Magna Residential Plumber
Draper Residential Plumber
Alpine Residential Plumber
Lehi Residential Plumber
Highland Residential Plumber
Pleasant Grove Residential Plumber
American Residential Plumber
Eagle Mountain Residential Plumber
Saratoga Springs Residential Plumber
North Salt Lake Residential Plumber
Woods Cross Residential Plumber
Bountiful Residential Plumber
West Bountiful Residential Plumber
Farmington Residential Plumber
Kaysville Residential Plumber
Centerville Residential Plumber